I don't know how much I'll be posting here, probably not much to start with, and more as I learn what I'm doing. I'm sometimes asked to show pictures of things that I'm working on, though, and my hope is that this will provide an appropriate venue for doing so.

Nope, the pictures don't always line up quite right, but I'm learning as I go along.



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fat journal pages

This fat/junk journal page was inspired by the color red. It started because I am working on another project that involves a lot of red gingham, and I had a lot of a scraps of paper. When I found the red boots in a magazine, this page was born. I've cut a slit in the flowerpot and only glued down the top and the edges so that I can add things to the flowerpot as I go. I tried adding a red pencil, but it put too much stress on the page. There are some red inspired quotations,





and a surprise. I will glue this entire page onto a blank page in my fat journal. There is still room on the page to add more red inspired goodies, or it can stand alone for awhile.










I often draft pages before creating the "real thing" and sometimes I start a journal page that becomes something else or the final product leaves me cold. These make a good "wrecked page." Either stick the page into a wrecked journal or junk over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment