I don't know how much I'll be posting here, probably not much to start with, and more as I learn what I'm doing. I'm sometimes asked to show pictures of things that I'm working on, though, and my hope is that this will provide an appropriate venue for doing so.

Nope, the pictures don't always line up quite right, but I'm learning as I go along.



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Starting a Fat/Junk Journal

Start with a regular composition book








and tear out a good 1/3 to 1/2 the pages. Remember that ripping out pages in the front of the book will create corresponding loose leafed pages in the back of the book as well.






When you remove pages and add pages, the stitching which holds the pages together will come loose,







so, tie a ribbon or string between the pages and up around the spine and tie it in a knot. Add more ribbons in different places throughout the book for additional support.









To add pages, run a thin line of glue up the crack between the pages,







and jam the edge of the new page down into the crack and glue.